COVID-19 Phase I Protocol
Piedmont Athletic Club has developed the following policies and procedures based on the guidelines provided by Oregon Health Authority, USATF, and other sport and health organization recommendations. We will minimize risk and will enforce safe and healthy practices. We understand that everyone has different comfort levels. Please be respectful of your teammates' and coaches' space during practice. Thank you for being part of our team and staying safe with our instructions below.
Family & Athlete Responsibilities
- Communicate expectations with your family.
- Monitor your athlete for signs and symptoms of illness.
- No carpooling with other families.
- Families stay in car for pick-up and drop-off to minimize individuals in practice area.
- Ensure athlete has a mask available at all practices.
- No shared equipment, food, or water.
- Use the restroom and fill up water bottle prior to coming to practice. No on-site facilities.
- Notify coaches if athlete is ill.
Athlete and Practice Expectations
- Wear a mask before and after training/practices and if possible, while talking with coaches and teammates.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of physical separation from other individuals.
- Follow coaches' instructions for maintaining physical distance.
- Stay wide and safely separated from other park users.
- Minimize unnecessary equipment at practice, but make sure your kit bag has what is needed.
- Place kit bags 6 feet apart as designated by coaches.
- No group celebrations, high fives, hugs, handshakes, etc. No spitting.
- If you feel sick at practice, notify coach.
Player and Coach Participation Requirements
- No signs or symptoms of COVID-19 within past 14 days.
- Fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, persistent headaches, muscle or body aches, sore throat, diarrhea, congestion or runny notes, nausea or vomiting that cannot be attributed to another known diagnosis.
- Have not been exposed to someone that has been ill within 14 days.
- Has not tested positive for COVID-19 within past 14 days.
- Practices will be approximately 75 minutes.
- Training cohorts will be limited to 10 athletes/coaches.
- All practices will be held outdoors at Fernhill Park.
- A minimum of 6 feet of physical distance will be designated by coaches, especially during warm-up and cool down team activities.
- During running and time trial activities, coaches will maintain athlete separation with individual start times or differing courses.